Tomas has been programming FileMaker plug-ins since FileMaker version 4.0. Yes, more than 16 years!
Together with a former colleague and New Millenium Communications, Inc. we created a custom FileMaker template called FM Template, which can be freely used for FileMaker plug-in development.
Tomas developed first and several later versions of the SimpleSound, SimpleHelp, SimpleDialog, SimpleFile plug-in, and several other plug-ins for that were running on both macOS and Windows platforms before he founded his own company 1stplugins.
1stplugins developed text encoding and container storage plug-ins for Provided Path, Inc. 1stplugins also established partnership with New Millennium Communications, Inc. and Clear Software Solutions and have been developing the sound, video, and metadata portion of the MediaManager plug-in for many years, up to today.
- Do you have an idea for a plug-in? Share your ideas and contact us.
- Need to make your plug-in 64-bit compatible? Contact us.
- Need to interconnect FileMaker with an appliance, application, or a service? Contact us.
Need guidance or help with your existing FileMaker plug-in? We are happy to help! Don’t hesitate to contact us.
Need a training on how to program plug-ins for FileMaker? We can organize a training for you. Here’s a sample scope on the platform of your choice:
- Introduction to the FileMaker Plug-In SDK
- Anatomy of a plug-in, entry point, initialization, and termination
- FMExternCallPtr and basic SDK classes (DataVect, Text, FixPt, DateTime) their smart pointers
- External functions and their registration and unregistration
- Getting parameters to/from FileMaker
- Hands on #1: Hello World
- Advanced SDK classes (ExprEnv, BinaryData, RowVect, CharacterStyle, TextStyle)
- Hands on #2: A picture watermark plug-in
- 32/64 bit plug-ins
- Troubleshooting plug-ins
Interested? Contact us with your needs and we’ll find a training best matching them.